Summer Camps and Mission Trips
Summer 2018 will be a blast for Peace Youth! Peace is offering a number of camp and opportunities for children and youth of all ages!
Vacation Bible School
Mornings, June 11-14, 2018 | Time to be announced in January, 2018
Vacation Bible School (VBS as we call it!) is an entertaining, fun way for kids to learn about God. The activities, games, crafts, singing and music all bring the messages of the week to life in a completely different way than what they might learn during Sunday School. It’s all about expressing joy for Jesus and God while learning!
This is ideal for children who are 3 1/2 years old (and potty trained) through those entering 5th Grade in the fall.
We welcome middle schoolers, high schoolers and adults to be crew leaders or assistant leaders, to lead or assist with the various stations and help make the week run smoothly!
Camp Wapogasset in Amery, WI
The weeks that Peace will be going will be announced in January, 2018
Camp Wapogasset has two different camp opportunities depending on the age of your child:
- SEEDS weekend is for kids who have completed 2nd or 3rd grade. It starts late Friday afternoon and ends Sunday at noon when all the kids present a worship service to their parents. SEEDS weekend provides an opportunity to taste camp life for maybe the first time.
- Click here for more information about Camp Wapo.
- Click here to see a camp brochure about SEEDs weekend.
- Bible Camp is for those who have completed 4th grade up to 8th grade.
- Each day includes Bible study, chapel, cabin activities, free time, field games, and campfire. Even a dressy banquet and dance!
- Click here to see a camp brochure about Camp Wapo.Click here to see a sample day by day camp schedule
ELCA 2018 Youth Gathering in Houston
June 27-July 1, 2018 | Houston, TX
Peace Youth this is for you! You can even bring one friend! We will be traveling to Houston next June 27-July 1, 2018. This is a really big deal!! Every three years, 30,000 high school youth and their adult leaders from across the ELCA gather for a week of faith formation known as the ELCA Youth Gathering.
Through days spent in interactive learning, worship, Bible study, service and fellowship, young people grow in faith and are challenged and inspired to live their faith in their daily lives.
Questions? Please see Robbie Cape for more information.