Summer Camps and Mission Trips
Summer 2018 will be a blast for Peace Youth! Peace is offering a number of camp and opportunities for children and youth of all ages!
Vacation Bible School
Mornings, June 18-21, 2018 | Presented jointly with Community of the Cross Lutheran Church
Vacation Bible School (VBS as we call it!) is an entertaining, fun way for kids to learn about God. The activities, games, crafts, singing and music all bring the messages of the week to life in a completely different way than what they might learn during Sunday School. It’s all about expressing joy for Jesus and God while learning!
This is ideal for children who are 3 1/2 years old (and potty trained) through those entering 5th Grade in the fall.
We welcome middle schoolers, high schoolers and adults to be crew leaders or assistant leaders, to lead or assist with the various stations and help make the week run smoothly!
Camp Wapogasset Family Camp in Amery, WI
June 15-17, 2018
- All ages welcome on this family congregational camp trip!
- This is an amazing camp where church families will have an opportunity for fun and fellowship. Arrive Friday evening after 5:00pm. Families will have the opportunity to do things together and the children will have their own time apart from parents. Families will spend a portion of Saturday with Bible Study and/or devotionals then families will spend time at the waterfront. Children will participate in arts and crafts and a scavenger hunt! The weekend will finish with a boat-in worship service on Sunday.
- Cost of the weekend is $75 per adult; $50 per person ages 12-17; $40 per person ages 3-11. The price per family is capped at $250.
- A deposit of $75 per family will be due with your registration. The remainder will be due upon arrival at camp.
Camp Wapogasset in Amery, WI
Camp Wapogasset has two camp opportunities depending on the age of your child:
SEEDS Weekend, July 27-29, 2018
- SEEDS weekend is for kids who have completed 2nd or 3rd grade. It starts late Friday afternoon and ends Sunday at noon when all the kids present a worship service to their parents. SEEDS weekend provides an opportunity to taste camp life for maybe the first time.
- Click here for more information about Camp Wapo.
- Click here to see a camp brochure about SEEDs weekend.
Bible Camp, July 29-August 3, 2018
- Bible Camp is for those who have completed 4th grade up to 8th grade.
- Each day includes Bible study, chapel, cabin activities, free time, field games, and campfire. Even a dressy banquet and dance!
- Click here to see a camp brochure about Camp Wapo.Click here to see a sample day by day camp schedule
ELCA 2018 Youth Gathering in Houston
June 27-July 1, 2018 | Houston, TX
Peace Youth this is for you! You can even bring one friend! We will be traveling to Houston next June 27-July 1, 2018. This is a really big deal!! Every three years, 30,000 high school youth and their adult leaders from across the ELCA gather for a week of faith formation known as the ELCA Youth Gathering.
Through days spent in interactive learning, worship, Bible study, service and fellowship, young people grow in faith and are challenged and inspired to live their faith in their daily lives.
Questions? Please see Robbie Cape for more information.
Queen Louise Home for Children Congregational Mission Trip
October 13-20, 2018 | U.S. Virgin Islands (no passport needed)
Informational Meeting on Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 11:45am
This is a mission trip for all ages to St. Croix in the United States Virgin Islands and an opportunity to participate in the ministry and work of Lutheran Social Services, in particular, the Queen Louise Home for Children and restoration work following Hurricane Maria. A lifetime opportunity for service, learning, fellowship/fun, and worship. Prior to the trip we will gather 2-3 times to prepare for our experience.
Congregational Mission Trip to Israel and Palestine
April 22-May 1, 2019 | Israel and Palestine
Informational Meeting on Sunday, April 8, 2018 at 11:45am
A unforgettable and faith-changing opportunity to walk in the footsteps of our Lord, and visiting the holy places –“the ancient stones”—a unique and inspiring experience and gives us a transforming perspective on the Bible and our faith. This trip is also an opportunity to meet people of the land, the “living stones.” This is an opportunity to see first-hand our Church’s life-giving ministry in the daily lives of ordinary people and informs our notions of the on-going conflict in the Middle East. Together the ancient stones and the living stones make for an unforgettable experience of fellowship, life and faith! Prior to the trip we will gather several times to prepare for our experience.