“It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35
No matter how your financial gifts are given to Peace, they are truly appreciated and used well to meet the vision that this community has developed and shares.
At Peace, there are two ways to give your offering:
- We offer members numbered offering envelopes which are mailed monthly to your home. The envelopes can be placed in the offering basket during worship, dropped off a the church office, or mailed to church.
- You also may give on an automated basis through Simply Giving® or automated withdrawals through your bank account. If you chose this option, giving envelopes will not need to be provided.
Simply Giving® is an automated giving program designed to help you conveniently and consistently contribute to a Lutheran congregation. Through Simply Giving®, your gifts are made through a pre-authorized withdrawal from your bank account. You determine the frequency of your automatic gift whether weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly. The option is yours!
Your gift or payment is deposited into the recipient’s bank account on the same day it is withdrawn from your account at no cost to you or the recipient. Once you are on Simply Giving®, it is very easy to modify your giving. If you need to make any changes, it as easy as a phone call or email to Sue Larson in the church office. Although Simply Giving® benefits Peace through steady, more predictable revenues throughout the year, more efficient bookkeeping and greater confidence in meeting its financial commitments. The best is that there are several benefits for you:
- Your stewardship plan is moved into action in a convenient and consistent way
- You no longer have to write checks…saving you time and money
- Your gift is given consistently so you don’t have to play “catch up” at year end
- You pay no fees to participate in this program and making changes to the frequency and/or amount of your gift is very simple and can be done at any time.
Automatic Payments from Your Bank Account
Some members are choosing to set up automatic payments directly from their bank or other financial institution. These automatic payments give you many of the same benefits as Simply Giving®. Check directly with your bank or financial institution for the options that you may have and instructions on to set this up.
Donations via Peace’s Website
Electronic payments can be made by clicking the e-giving button on the home page of our website. You will be asked to set up an account and a password. You can then pay be credit card or have your donation withdrawn from a bank account (one time or on a recurring transaction basis). You get to manage all aspects of your donations via your account.
If you have questions about this option, please call Sue Larson in the church office (952-944-6510).
Members also may donate stock. There may be some potential tax advantages for making a gift of stock or other highly-appreciated asset such as real estate to Peace such as:
- Receive an immediate tax deduction for the value of the donated stock at the time you donate it.
- Avoid paying large capital gains taxes on stock that has appreciated significantly in value since you purchased it.
- Reduce your taxable estate by donating stock to a worthwhile non-profit or charity.
The rules governing these donations and applicable tax benefits can be quite complex, however, so please consult with your accountant or financial adviser about your personal situation before taking any action. If you are interested in this option, please call or email Sue Larson in the church office for more information.
Peace is registered with the AmazonSmile Foundation, an arm of Amazon. They will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible AmazonSmile items to Peace.
Go to smile.amazon.com. Log into your Amazon account and search for Peace Lutheran Church Bloomington as your charity organization. Start shopping!