The following building renovation update was presented by Lori Thomson during Adult Education on September 18, 2016.
Paul Anderson, Lori Thomson and Pastor Mark Nelson have continued to work and meet with the City and work through the City’s approval process. We had met for an informal design review on August 2; submitted the application on August 25; and met for the formal design review on September 13. The next steps are; the Planning Committee meeting on September 29; the City Council meeting on October 24 and the Nine Mile Watershed District approval which should be complete by the end of November at the latest.
A letter to the neighbors has been sent. Neighbors were advised of the project and given Pastor Mark and Lori Thomson’s contact information should they have any questions or would like to meet with Peace representatives. We have received calls from two neighbors. The feedback was about the upper level parking lot. They both want to make sure that the screening is adequate and that the lighting will not be intrusive to the neighbors. These concerns will be addressed in the landscape and lighting designs for the lot.
The schedule to begin the demolition and construction has been moved to spring, 2017. We will begin the site work in April, just as soon as the weather will allow us to break ground. We will be doing the following before next spring:
- We are reviewing design options for several areas of the project.
- We are moving forward with the selection of a general contractor.
- Four contractors will be invited to bid.
- A request for proposal (RFP) will be sent out to General Contractors by October 10.
- RFP responses will be due by October 24.
- Reviewing responses and interviews will take place October 25 through November 3. General Contractor (GC) selection will be completed by November 4.
- Throughout the winter, we will be finishing design documents, construction documents and working with GC to refine costs.